Saturday, September 5, 2020

Dr. Paul Keller Quits his Job–and You Can Too!

Today was a fantastic day for me—I quit my job!

This was not according to my plan, though. I was planning to work another four years and retire at 55. But the unexpected happened. The COVID pandemic occurred, and commercial aviation experienced a 90 percent downturn. My company, which makes aviation products, was struggling financially, and the people in charge gave the employees in my position around a 20 percent compensation cut, a voluntary separation plan, an involuntary separation plan, and a partial furlough. Despite all of this, they expected the employees who remained to work overtime and no schedule relief. It was as if they were operating as none of this ever happened.

I experienced many unreasonable schedule deadlines, expectations, and I had a tough time standing up for the quality of the product. I had to push back often, it caused me great stress, and they did not appreciate my stand. It came to the point where I was given a trip to HR and an incredibly complex improvement plan to follow from my boss. If I didn’t improve, then I faced disciplinary action or termination.

All of these factors and many more made me decide to leave the job and not do the performance improvement plan. Luckily, I had finished the schematic and left my team well-positioned for success with the new product.

The good news is I was ready financially. I never believed my corporate job was the answer to my financial problems. During my 20-year career, I studied investment often and was always scheming to make a little money on the side frequently.

My knowledge paid off big time in my stock market and real estate investments, and finally, I became a millionaire after the bottom of the Corona crash.

As I go forward with financial freedom, I plan to make my author business my number two priority. My priority is my family and friends, of course.

So far, I have written three books in the Financial Master Series:

Crash Proof Your Investment

The Beginner’s Guide to Rental Property Investing

Stock Market Masters

My fourth one that helps readers choose a side hustle that fits them perfectly will be on Amazon in a month or two.

After I quit my job, I opened an order from Amazon and saw the label they had put on. It said, “Future you say, thanks.” This label and its message seemed to be so relevant at this point in my life.

If you work at a job that you don’t like (80 percent of workers don’t like their job), then I encourage you to work towards securing your future as I did so one day you can leave your employment with dignity and with the confidence, you can make it on your own—your future self will thank you.

Good Luck,

Dr. Paul Keller

#book #stockmarket #investing #protection #portfolio #stockmarketcrash #bubble #crash #sotckstrategy #stockanalysis #rentalproperties #realestate #habits #investors #masters #buffett #minervini #dalio



source https://drpaulkeller.com/financial-freedom/

No comments:

Post a Comment

CRASH PROOF YOUR INVESTMENT–A GUIDE ON HOW TO KEEP YOUR PORTFOLIO SAFE.

Reading Crash Proof Your Investment will help you become a better stock market investor who protects his or her investment like a pro. Cra...